Tuesday 6 May 2014

Wk 18 Digi Choosday Craft Challenge - Make it for the Kids!

Happy Choosday everyone!
We hope you all had a great bank holiday weekend and have been creating lots of fab cards and projects which will fit this week's challenge! 

Firstly, we are celebrating our 5th Birthday here at Polkadoodles in May, and we have some 
FAB FREEBIES for you today - 
you need to work a little to get them though! 
We have a mini blog hop going on over at Polkadoodles so if you hop along with us you can grab 5 - YES, 5!!! Digibundles completely free and also join in for an absolute TON of free candy along the way too! 


We also have a quick heads up for you - you can catch Nikky on Create and Craft TV this week - tune in on Thursday at noon for another great colouring show with Graph'It, but you can also join her on Friday too with a Polkadoodles show at 8am and more shows at 9am, 1pm and 7pm! Make sure you tune in for some lovely demos along the way!

OK, let's get to this week's challenge
We want to see
All About The Kids 

today!
The design team were asked to specifically make something for a party but it's up to you what you enter! You have until Tues 20th May at noon to enter and the random winner will receive £5 of downloads.

You can see last time's winners at the bottom of this post.

Let's See What the Team have made for us!

Scatty Jan What a fun time i had making my little hat for this challenge - I think they would be great for a childs Birthday party. I went for the Policeman this time from Work and Play 3 collection but you could use tons of the images and make each child a different hat. I cut the hat on my portrait and coloured the image with Graph'It Markers xx

Yvonne - Hello there!! Well this week I had a complete blast! Make something for a kids party; well it has to be the invites, and what better little character to use for birthday invites than Cowboy off of Work and Play Collection 3 which is now available to download through Polkadoodles Digiworld Downloadables or as a CD-Rom.  I adore him and he comes with his own fab papers too, one of which is what I used for the backing paper. Cowboy also has his own sentiments and I took the sentiment into craft artist along with the paper and printed them out as one. I also used embellishments from Digistamp Heaven CD-Rom, for the gifts and bunting (there has to be bunting on invites, it's the law). All coloured with my Graph'It Markers which are simply fabulous and there you have a nice wee A6 Birthday Invite! Yee-hah!


Susan This week I have used a little bit of something old and new to celebrate Polkadoodles 5th Birthday. The papers and the cute little owls are from the CD Sugar Birdies or as Digi Set ,and the Drummer Boy is from the CD Work and Play 1 also available as a download.

Zoe - So this week I used 2 digi's from the Bonbon Belles collection. I used the banner and a butterfly to create this name banner. I coloured them both using my Graph It markers and also added the silver glitter shake pens to bring out details. Perfect for any party!!
Sally - This week I have chose 4 digis from the Bonbon Belles Collection.  I used one of the toppers with the Pirate Ship, the Pirate, treasure chest and the rocks.  I then made a stepper card. I matted the main image with some plain cardstock and the steps with the same colour.  I then cut out the Pirate, treasure chest and rocks and adhered them to the card.  I die cut some bunting and made some ticket sentiments. I added gold glitter pen to the gold treasure and some liquid pearls to the pearls.

Jo- Something that can be a bit off putting about making party decorations and favours is having to make lots and lots of the same thing, but digi images makes it easier to bulk make unique decorations. I have used just one element from the flowers and leaves digi bundle and just diecut and decoupaged and added gems for a pretty party cupcake topper, you could add children's names to the back for a personalised touch.
Anjie - I have used the Boys Hoot Download Bundle to create this invite, I thought the owl peeking out of the box was perfect for a surprise party. I took the topper into a graphic program (MCS) to make the sentiment. I have layered up the lid and bow on the box and the sentiment using 3D foam. 

What great inspiration again this week! 

The Random winner of our Week 14 Ovals challenge is
No 7 Katie Tate - well done Katie! 
Email us here to claim your prize!
and our Top 3 chosen by the team are
#2 Jackie
#8 Kym
#7 Katie
We look forward to seeing your entries! See you next time! 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx