Tuesday 9 December 2014

wk 49 - Xmas table/decor...Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

IT'S TIME FOR DIGI CHOOSDAY!!!!

16 sleeps until the big man in his red suit will have been and we will know who has been naughty and who has been nice! Which side will you be on!? There is a lot of preparation still to do for many of us, food to order, presents to wrap but one of the things that sometimes children and loved ones take for granted is the dressing of the Christmas table!  That can take as much preparation and planning as sourcing that all important gift!  It's important that the table looks just as good as the food that is going to be placed on it, so this week we set the Design Team to thinking about:

Xmas table/Decorations

To enter the challenge you can make anything you like, from a card to a home décor item and anything in between.  You DO NOT Have to use our products to enter.
You have until 23rd December to enter and the winner will be announced on 30th December, so lots of time to get your entry in. All we ask is that you follow the theme and the simple rules that can be found in the side bar.
The winner will receive a free digi image from the (Digi Store).

The winner from Week 46 - Presents & Gifts can be found at the bottom of the post.
So enough with the talking, let's see what our super talented Design Team have made us for this weeks challenge!

Yvonne - Hello there! Well I decided to make little gift bags that you can fill with treats for my 'Xmas table/decorations' project. These were so fun to make and I have them filed away (and filled) for the big day itself.  A nice little party favour I thought, for when you all sit down at the table before the starters come.... Of course the best collection to use has to be the Fantabulous - Work & Play Festive Hollibobs Collection, which you can purchase as an instant download or get it as a CD-Rom. I used one of the beautiful papers and some of the embellishments, cut the template for the gift bag out on my silhouette and quick assembly. Perfectly simple and effective.

Scatty Jan Wow how much fun did I have with this weeks project. No Christmas can be complete without a Ginger Bread House. The main of the house is cut from Kraft but from there on in I have used The Festive Hollybobs CD  The lovely Ginger Bread Paper and also the red/white stripey paper from the collection works so well, and then of course Mr and Mrs Ginger all finished off with some lovely emblies - What a fantastic collection this is xx
Crafting Vicky Unlike Scatty Jan... I have a really really hard time making anything that has to do with Decor... So when I saw this challenge I started to sweat... and dread it... but I figured out what to make.  My dad loves owls and I figured the great one from the Christmas Joy bundle set would make a fabulous little decoration.  So I printed it twice (reversing one of the image and created this little jar with it.  It's my own little version of a snow globe.
Caz  Ok thought now what can i make as part of table decor..Decided to decorate a candle, I have used the gorgeous image called Angel available as a digi here.  Also added  few snowflakes  you can find these on Festive Hollybobs as a download. or on CD you can also find Angel on them too. :)..I quickly made a holly wreath using scrap card to place round candle..


Tanya - So this week’s challenge is ‘Xmas Table/Decor’ and I’ve decided to pull out all the stops and have made a gigantic crafty project this week, something  that I’ve been able to get my crafty teeth into.  I've used paper and Hollybobs Santa from the Festive Hollybobs Work & Play 5 downloads which you can get  HERE  together with the letters from Magical Winter CD available HERE to make a decoupaged ‘Please Stop Here’ canvas wall hanging.  You can read all about my make and see more close up photos by going to my blog.

Lynda Happy Christmas :-) At Christmas in our family it's traditional to have lot's of yummy buffet's so I decided to make a pretty condiment holder to brighten up the kitchen table. I used the amazing papers and Santa digi from the Work & Play 5 Festive Hollybobs Collection. You can buy this on CD here or as an instant download here. Have fun!! Lynda xx 

Monica.- I love Christmas gatherings around the table. A warm cup of tea or coffee and good company is priceless. I made a table set using different techniques: A table lamp decor, using the lovely Hollybobs Choir digistamp, that is also part of the Work and Play5.-Festive Hollybobs Collection. Also, I used "flourish" and "celebration" svg´s that are part of the Winston Deluxe Full Collection, I cut it on golden vynil and apply it to a red plate and cup. God bless your tables!!!


KateI decided to make some place setting for our Christmas dinner table. I used some of the fabulous Christmas Hollibobs characters and tried to match them with my family. You can find all the details on my blog.



Nikki - I don't really make much besides cards. I can't seem to create anything that is remotely 3D, but after I saw the creations that my fellow DT have created, I had to act quickly...... so I decided to add an image to a candle...... My inspiration for the table/XMAS decorations theme I am using an image called "Tree". You can find this digital in a variety of ways, either as a single download. You can also purchase it as a whole set called Work and Play 5 Festive Hollybobs in CD or Instant Download. I inked the image with my Copic markers.

Cibele -I took this challenge as an opportunity to make my yearly ornament for my daughter using this adorable little guy from the the Festive Hollybobs Collection. You can also get him separately HERE. I printed him and colored him with my copics. I used a Display Globe and added some chunky glitter along the edges and up along the sides to make it look frosted and wintry.
Julie - I have made a cute little tealight lantern this time. The gorgeous paper, adorable penguins and tree images are all from the wonderful Festive Hollybobs Download collection, which is also available as a CD for those of you who are happy to wait for a physical CD  to arrive in the post. (I flipped the same image horizontally for the 2nd penguin so it looks like they are having a snowball fight)and then cut a snowflake border with a Memory Box die to go around the lid and some vellum for the windows so the LED tealight shows through  )I added a photo taken at night as the day photo does not show the tealight very well


 
Jane – Hi everyone! For my project this time I chose to use the super cute Hollybobs Little Elf and one of the fabby paper designs from the Work & Play 5 – Festive Hollybobs Full Collection.  The lamppost is also available from the Collection and I used Serif to merge it with the elf to make a mini scene! A battery operated tea light later and all done!!  Enjoy your day! xx
Emma - i can't believe that Christmas is only a few weeks away, for this weeks challenge i have made some door hangers. This is my first attempt at these & i think they have tuned out rather well. I have used the fab Crackers digi that can be found Here & the equally fab Mailbox digi that can be found Here. I have coloured them up using Copics & Pro Markers & have added some Snowtex & glamour dust to the Mailbox image for the snow.  All of the papers & both digis can be found in the full Hollybobs collection Here....


Wendy - For this weeks table decor challenge, I have done a full place setting, including Cracker, Cutlery Holder & Napkin ring. I've used a paper from the Festive Hollybobs Collection and printed this on both sides of card for a consistent look. The image of Santa is again from this collection, but also available individually as a digi stamp here,as well as a polymer stamp to order here.

Well there's a TON of ideas for you to try from the team this week, don't you agree! Your Christmas table and decorations will be fantastic with this range of inspiration

And now for the winner from Week 46 - The winner chosen at random is:

please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCwk49001wk46 to claim your prize!
And the top 3, in no particular order, chosen by the design team are:

Well done everyone go grab your badges from the side bar.
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.

Don't forget - there is also a great challenge going on over on the Polkadoodles blog so make sure you check it out and get your entries in there too for a double chance of winning!! 

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx