Tuesday 17 February 2015

wk 7 - Springtime pastels...Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

Happy Choosday everyone!

Did you catch the fabulous Nikky Hall on Create & Craft last Friday? If not you can catch up on the show HERE  for a few more days.

Also have you checked out the NEW IN Section in the Polkadoodles Store lately? If not you should head over there now as we have some delicious new floral, foliage and flourish cutting files for you as well as all our latest collections of course!
 


We also still have a Facebook DT call running over at Polkadoodles so head over and check that out too - we are looking for some amazing colouring addicts so please please go and have a look if colouring is your first love!....


Now it’s Tuesday again so that means it’s time for another challenge here at Digi Choosday.

This week we are hoping that the weather starts to get brighter and warmer in the next few weeks so we thought we would have a challenge along those line and we chose 
“Spring Colours”

You can make anything you like maybe a card, a scrapbook layout of even home décor. As long as it follows the theme for this week. You can use any products to enter and you can make anything you like so long as it fits the challenge theme! 
We don’t have many rules but check them out in the side bar if you need to.

We give you two weeks to enter so that means you have until 3rd March 2015 to enter and the winners will be announce on 10th March 2015.

This week as a special treat the 

winner of this challenge will receive 

a copy of our wonderful 

Work and Play 8 Feel the Music collection - 

that is a stash of 10 digis and the WHOLE collection! Whoop Whoop! 
Worth £11.99! 

The winner and top 3 for week four can be found at the bottom of this post.


So let’s see what the design team have made for us.


Nikki - Springtime has been here in my hometown for awhile, in fact, we never saw winter at all. I don't remember that ever happening in the 30+ years I have lived here..... I loved this challenge because of the soft colours we could use. I chose Bella on The Swing. I also used papers from the Work and Play Collection 1 and Baby Boom. The sentiment is from the Work and Play Collection 8. I added some pearls as well. Visit my blog for all the details...



Scatty Jan I have used the lovely collection Pretty Sweet - It contains lots of lushness including some lovely digi girls , the sentiment is also from there. I have used Amelia with Basket and she is available as a digi on her own you can find her here. I coloured her up using Graph'It Markers, and added some dots using the Graph'It shaker marker The Lovely hearts paper and bow are both found on the Love and kisses CD - Finished of with some bling and some petal pink liquid pearls.

Caz  For my card i have used the lovely digi image Octavia Friendly Hugs..Papers are from the Baby Boom collection...Flowers from the Winston collection available as a CD or as a Download...I don't really do much in pastels, but enjoyed making this..




Anjie - I have used the beautiful Octavia Dragonfly image. The papers, flowers, buttons, ribbon, pendant and sentiment are all from the Octavia Moonfly download collection. You can also buy this as a CD. You can buy all the elements in smaller collections as well here.


Crafting Vicky I seem to be stuck in pink mode :)  What can I say, when I think pastels that's the 1st color that pops into my mind.   I just had to use the same cuddly set as last week but this time around I chose Etty Shy.  My precolored image and the great paper comes from Winston Deluxe collection but if you want the black and white version of this image you can find it here.

Monica.-Pastels are perfect for creating a calming ambience, as well as music. For my project I mix both. For my papers choice I chose the lovely pastel papers from Baby Boom collection and to fill my card with music, I chose the opera singer girl, the piano girl and the violin girl, all form Work and Play 8 collection. The music notes are from cutting files included in the same collection.



Kate - I chose the oh so sophisticated Dollie Daydream Glitz and decided to have my first attempt at a no-lines image (I did this by taking the image into Word & lightening the image before printing)
I coloured with my Pro Markers, as usual, and added Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen to her eye shadow, lips, shoes and gorgeous feather

Wendy - For this weeks card, I've used items from Work & Play 9 'Love & Kisses'. The backing paper, flowers and letter tiles are also from this collection, as is the pre-coloured image, which is also available on her own as a digi stamp, Love and Kisses, for you to colour.



Jane – Hi everyone!  So spring is in the air, well not quite, but it won’t be long so my make this week hopefully reflects the coming season! I decided to decorate a gift bag as I haven’t done one of these for a while! The stunning image is Libby Carefree which you can get separately but she is also available on the Fredericka CD Collection.  I used one of the papers from the uber gorgeous Winston Full Collection (such scrummy colours), cutting out some of the butterflies to 3D.  Enjoy your day! xxx

Tanya...It’ll soon be spring and I’m so looking forward to lighter days and fresher air and maybe a little warmth.  I absolutely adore butterflies and had these five MDF butterfly shapes in my stash ready to make a home décor project.  I've used papers and sentiments from the Octavia Moonfly collection which you can get HERE and have punched teeny tiny flower shapes from papers on the collection to adorn the butterflies.  More pictures and details can be found on my blog. 



Lynda: I used the gorgeous Rose Bud Collection for this weeks challenge, I used a pre-coloured digi called Miss Rose Budd and layered her up with elements from the same collection to make a little scene, I added a sentiment, flowers and bows from the same collection (more details on my blog) This collection is available as a digital download here or on a cd here.  Have Fun Lynda xx


Yvonne - Hi there! Well this week I opted for an Octavia image from the new collection 'Octavia Moonfly', which you can get in a range of digi download bundles, see your options here, or as a CD-Rom. I used the precoloured image 'Rose Garden' with papers from the 'Rose Budd Collection'.  The flowers and embellies are from the Octavia Moonfly collection also. All I added of my own is the ribbon and the gems.


Great makes from everyone I’m sure you will agree.
Add your entry using the linky tool below.
Now for the winner and top three from week four.....

The winner chosen at random is:

# 20 Lyn T 
please email us at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk quoting DCW04001 to claim your prize of a free digi.

And in no particular order the top three chosen by the design team are:
# 15 Lisa Bona 

Grab your blinkies from the side bar!
Thank you all so much for your entries, it means so much to us that you join us each week.
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining us at the Digi Choosday challenge! We love to hear from you so feel free to drop us a comment below! mwaah mwaah! xx